Copaiba Essential Oil
More than 2x the pain-relieving compounds at 1/4 the price.
Copaiba essential oil is obtained by steam distillation from the resin of the Copaifera langsdorfii tree from Brazil. The resin from the tree is collected very similarly to how maple resin is collected for syrup production.
Copaiba resin has been used for centuries by inhabitants of the Amazon rainforest for pain relief, to treat wounds and other medicinal purposes.
Copaiba essential oil contains a high concentration of BCP (appoximately60%). What is BCP and why is this important? Let’s compare the BCP contained in Copaiba essential oil with CBD oil.
What are cannabinoids?
- Cannabinoids are chemical compounds that react with cannabinoid receptors in the body.
- The human body contains two types of cannabinoid receptors- CB1 and CB2. We are concerned with CB2 receptors because they improve immunity, reduce inflammation, and relieve certain types of pain.
- Both BCP and CBD are cannabinoids that affect the cannabinoid receptors in the human body.
- The cannabinoids in both CBD oil and Copaiba essential oil are legal in the US. CBD oil contains trace amounts of THC, Copaiba essential oil does not contain any amount of THC. This could be a consideration for those who are drug tested for their jobs.
BCP vs. CBD
- The cannabinoid present in CBD oil is cannabidiol. The cannabinoid present in Copaiba oil is beta-caryophyllene.
- CBD oil made from hemp contains 2-4% cannabidiol and CBD oil made from marijuana has up to 30% cannabidiol.
- Copaiba essential oil contains 60% of the cannabinoid beta-caryophyllene.
- CB1 receptors are located in the nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, glands, and organs. These receptors are what THC in marijuana binds to that creates the psychoactive effects. CB2 receptors reside mostly in the other body structures and the immune system. Both CBD and the beta-caryophyllene found in Copaiba oil bind with CB2 receptors. However, CBD oil binds indirectly with these receptors while beta-caryophyllene binds directly with CB2 receptors.
- CBD oil helps neurological issues, pain and more by indirectly interacting with CB2 receptors in the body. BCP interacts directly with CB2 receptors and helps to improve immunity, reduce inflammation, and relieve certain types of pain.
- CBD oil has 2-30% cannabinoids. Copaiba essential oil has 60% cannabinoids.
- Cost comparison- CBD oil costs approximately $50 for a 1oz bottle. (The mg of cannabinoids vary). Copaiba essential oil costs $19 for a 1oz bottle. For $59 you can buy a 4oz bottle of Copaiba essential oil, and Copaiba essential has at least 2x the active cannabinoids. Since most CBD oil made in the US is made from hemp, Copaiba essential oil has many times the cannabinoids of CBD oil.
Copaiba essential oil is one of a very few essential oils that can be taken by mouth.
The many other benefits of Copaiba essential oil.
Besides being used for pain relief Copaiba essential oil is also used for:
- Used with a carrier oil to apply topically for joint and muscle pain relief. See my dilution guide for further into.
- Used topically as a mild antiseptic for wounds.
- Used in a diffuser to relieve stress and anxiety and improve mood.
- Can be used diluted as a mouthwash to improve gum and tooth health.
If you are looking for an essential oil that is pain relieving, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and relieves stress, Copaiba oil is just what you are looking for. The Copaiba oil I offer is 100% therapeutic grade oil sourced from Brazil by a wholesale distributor here in the US.